The LEADING EDGE Strategic Planning Series is an intensive and hands-on course designed to help entrepreneurs with comprehensive training on starting and operating a small business. The course will help both start-up and existing businesses.
The program includes:
- 36 hours of workshop sessions and special bonus events
- 5 hours of one-on-one consulting
- Scheduled milestone and planning assignments
In-depth topics include:
- Organizational: Legal Entity, Management and Personnel
- Operational: Recordkeeping, Controls and Risk Management
- Marketing: Market Research, Strategies, Tactics and Implementation
- Financial: Sales Forecast, Cash Flow Projections and Financial Statements
LEADING EDGE participants that graduate from the program with a completed business plan will be invited to a statewide ceremony at the Governor’s Mansion each spring, where prizes are awarded for the top business plans in the state.
LEADING EDGE sessions are held in the spring and fall each year. The Southwest Colorado SBDC is one of several centers offering an online version of the training. We host free informational briefings prior to the start of each session. Scholarships may be available to qualified individuals. Come learn about how the class can assist you and your business, see the course materials, and meet the instructors. If you would like to register for the course or attend a briefing to learn more about LEADING EDGE, please contact us.
Cortez Leading Edge Class 2020
January 13th, January 20th, January 27th, February 3rd, February 10th, and February 17th.
Presentations/ Graduation TBD.
Southwest Colorado Community College, Mancos
Durango Leading Edge Class 2020
March 4th, March 11th, March 25th, April 8th, April 22nd, May 6th, May 13th.
Presentations/Graduation is June 3rd.
Fort Lewis College, Durango
Jasper Welch and Terryl Peterson
Pagosa Springs Leading Edge Class 2020